With an evolving dependence on technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), 5G communications, Digital Twin Technology (DTT), the world is moving into a new era of complex engineering. Digital Twin is at the forefront of the Industry 4.0 revolution. This technology assists companies to have a complete digital overview of their assets/products throughout the life cycle from design to development and finally to end of life stages.
Santane assists the energy companies and other organisations in the digitalisation (digital twin) of their assets and use these digital twins towards net zero transition. Considering that decarbonisation and goals towards net-zero, of energy companies, is not only desired but necessary to maintain a balance between human consumption and environmental degradation; therefore, we provide a digital twin technology solution which enables energy companies to achieve their net-zero targets.
The aim of the project was to create a 3D Digital Form/Digital Twin for one of the refinery units and then create a model with its platform for next phases of autonomy, intelligence, learning and fidelity so as to enable decision making towards net-zero targets.
Project: Hydrogen Generation Unit/ Refinery
a) Data Gap Analysis
- Data stored in engineering modelling systems.
- Data stored in the maintenance systems, the ERP systems.
- Data within SCADA systems and Control systems.
- Data within historian systems.
b) Data Visualisation
- Conduct overview of desired datasets and required datasets.
- Collate the data visually in order to communicate any potential gaps in the data.
- Conduct Surveys, use imaging Solutions like 360-degree video/imaging, Infra-red imaging, 3D imaging, Laser scanning, Photogrammetry etc.
c) Data Acquisition and Data Cleaning
- Convert the data captured using multiple devices along with available drawings data into 3D digital form.
- Clean up the data captured by the devices used, as well as at file conversion steps